Friday, September 21, 2007

Presidents commenting on their lap dogs in September

This is of my own compiling, I sent it off to MoveOn.org in case they found it amusing enough to use as an ad. At the very least it would be a fantastic comic strip - but alas, I cannot draw.


"...I think I have a right to resent, to object to libelous statements about my dog."--Sept. 23, 1944, FDR referring to his lap dog Fala while addressing the Teamsters Union

"And you know, the kids, like all kids, love the dog and I just want to say this right now, that regardless of what they say about it, we're gonna keep it." --Sept. 23, 1952, Nixon referring to his dog Checkers while addressing the nation on television.

"It's one thing to attack me. It's another thing to attack somebody like Gen. Petraeus." --Sept. 18, 2007, Bush referring to his lap dog Gen. Petraeus during a White House press conference.


Free speech IS patriotic.

No comments: