Sunday, December 16, 2007

Fortune Cookie Fun

We went out to dim sum yesterday because my bro-in-law is in town and this crop of fortune cookies was greatly amusing to me, especially when I continue the phrase that it came printed with (treating the period as a semicolon or an ellipse)... The part in italics is the rest of what the cookie should have said.

Mine was:
Learning to shrug is the beginning of wisdom... now get crocheting since you've not been finding the shrugs for nursing tops, make them yourself (something I'd been planning to do anyway, thank you fortune cookie)

Garvin's was:
Faith is the key to finding the answer you're looking for; the question, of course, being "where'd I put my keys?"

Del's (which I ate for him) was:
You are a practical person with both feet on the ground; but you are much cuter with one foot in your mouth.

Liam's was:
The seeds of an idea you planted long ago are about to blossom; this cookie serves as fair warning to your parents.

Marvin's was:
Your luck has changed. A new opportunity is about to present itself. We didn't say it was good luck - your flight has been canceled. (true story)

And we're not sure which of the other two were my husband's parents, not sure whose was whose but both of them kinda apply sometimes ;)

You are affectionate and loyal to those you love; to those you don't you're seen as a bit of a jerk.

Good fortune takes preparation and turning off the damn television set every once in a while is a good place to start.


Now Liam's running around screaming and driving everyone batty gotta go.

1 comment:

Allison said...

ok all I have to say to this post is: Garvin and Marvin? really?