Monday, August 22, 2005

.......oopsie.......

I've been debating about weither to say anything about this anywhere, and Serena and Sabrina both already know so this is mostly just an entry for my own brain.  Garvin and I finally managed to have some "adult" time and there was a bit of a contraceptive mishap, resulting in the very slight but statistically significant chance that a conception may have occurred (or be in process of occuring).  Given that I'm having the little twingies that I used to associate with ovulating when I didn't have an IUD in and wasn't on the pill, I'm slightly unnerved.  I've not had an actual menstral cycle since the one before Liam was concieved (which is probably a combination of the breastfeeding and the IUD), there's no way of knowing if I am/was mid-cycle or anything like that (and not that it seemed to matter with Liam's conception because I was technically a WEEK past mid-cycle by the time he was concieved - and given events around his conception, such as my recovering from two herniated lumbar discs, we KNOW conception didn't happen earlier.  Apparently I have the ability to ovulate on cue... only makes sense that my ovaries wouldn't have any more concept of linear time than the rest of my body does).

So, next month some time I need to remember to take a pregnancy test.  With Liam, I *knew* I was pregnant before I missed a period.  Garvin and I have already discussed the "what ifs" regarding this, if I did manage to concieve against all these barriers (we WERE using two methods!), the IUD comes out ASAP and if that doesn't trigger a miscarriage (which is a risk), then we welcome a new addition to the family right around Liam's second birthday instead of third as planned, and we make sure every daughter we ever have knows EXACTLY how fertile we are so that they can take that into concideration when they become sexually active.  If a conception happened but having the IUD taken out causes a miscarriage, then it stays out and we be extra careful with the condomage until this time next year.  If no conception happened, we thank our lucky stars and try not to feel disappointed ;)

The question becomes, how many negative pregnancy tests will it take me to be convinced THIS time, since it wasn't until the 4th test and 10 days past missed period that Liam was confirmed?  This has the potential to be greatly annoying.

On another note, notice that I've added a subscribe to this blog link in the right hand section of this page.  I'm trying to convince Garvin to do the same on his blog.  Sabrina, I'd love to see one of these on your blog ;)  Great for folks who WANT to keep up with others but forget/neglect checking pages who have a history of not updating daily *whistles nonchalantly*

No comments: