Thursday, June 30, 2005

feeling blue, but in a good way

yes, I'm awake at 2am... I couldn't help but want to clean up after we actually finished painting the other bedroom in our "new" apartment.  We finished painting the first bedroom (our family bedroom) over the weekend (that room took FOREVER, it was really annoying to live here for a month and a half in essence in one bedroom with that one empty as we tried to get rid of the prior tenant's cat's pee smell, wait for the landlord to install new carpet after ripping out the old, then pick a paint color that didn't clash with the new carpet... then try to arrange help to paint).  Our friends Carol and Heidi helped with the painting after I did almost all the taping and such. Stupid tape wouldn't stick to the stupid trim in some places so the pre-existing white trim got blue paint on it in many spots, but I was able to clean it off with a solution of dishwasher detergent in water (Dr. Sears' website says to wash suspected lead paint window sills with that, and I was going to do that anyway so decided to try it on the mislaid paint and it worked! YAY!).  The blue is this gorgeous perfect-sky blue.... not the light blue of a cloudless day, but the deeper blue that you can only appreciate with a good scattering of cumulous clouds to show off the contrast.  Just looking at the walls makes me happy.  Of course, after living in rentals that we didn't have the balls to paint for the last 15 years, anything other than a very light shade of beige would have been a major improvement (ok, well, maybe not pink...). Oh, the family bedroom is a medium sage green, for those who care.  Matches our green flannel sheets well, I'm planning to do blue-ish purple window treatments and wall-to-wall padded headboard (gods I love HGTV).  It'll match the rest of our linens... last task after that and building the babywings for the bed (Liam is SUCH a bedhog, he needs a cosleeper space... I'm getting tired of getting kicked in the eyeball).

I'm just so happy to know that the #@$(*&ing bedroom and office furniture that's been sitting in various states of assembly in our living and dining rooms will be moving into their proper room in the next 24 hours.  I'm tired of feeling like I live in a refuge camp already!

If my inlaws decide to move to Cleveland next summer when our lease is up here, I may just cry... then make THEM tape up the walls before painting our new home.

1 comment:

Running2Ks said...

Welcome back--I was wondering about you! Anyway, the blue (which is my favorite color) sounds delightful!!!!!!