Friday, July 13, 2007

ok ok i'll post something postpartum

baby is here (in my lap as i type)... little baby boy Del (short for Delano, like the president) was born on 6/27/07 at 7:17am after 3.5 days of labor and close to 10 hours of on and off pushing (back labor and psoas muscle issues are a nasty combo). he was born at home, Garvin caught him. 7lbs 12oz, 19in long at birth. 9lbs and 20.5in long at his 2wk checkup this past Wednesday. breastfeeding like a champ, obviously. saw his first movie on Wednesday evening (HP&OOTP, what else?) with Auntie Serena, our family doctor and her family, and the family of one of the other doctors in the practice (10 seats, 11 people including Del, all together). i'll be posting the birth story on the yeungs.us website and putting the link in under the link to family pictures to your right, so it doesn't get buried as I get back to posting more regularly. pictures of Del and the rest of us are already up in in the family gallery tho I haven't added any in about a week now. Will try to add more later today. Need to make some phone calls to settle travel arrangements for Prophecy before I space out again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Need to make some phone calls to settle travel arrangements for Prophecy before I space out again."

Wow, if I didn't know what you were talking about that might sound REALLY bizarre!! :)

Ahmie said...

more bizarre than "I need to make some phone calls to settle arrangements to take my newborn across the US/Canada border during a 5-6 hour each way road trip to attend a Harry Potter-themed conference with me and my 'I can't believe she's making me do this' husband"?

What's so bizarre about that? Completely sane... honestly.

After birthing the kid at home, is this really so shocking? ;)

And we ARE making time while up there to visit Garvin's family in Toronto too ;) It's not JUST about Harry Potter... just MOSTLY about Harry Potter (the conference is 4 days long, we'll be up there for less than 8 full days, leaving Saturday morning the 28th and coming back Sunday evening the 5th).