Friday, June 22, 2007

Someone else's fantastic blog post

Really, there's only one blog that I generally bother to check regularly that is maintained by a "stranger" (well, at least someone whom I've never met in person and with whom my first contact was via their blog). It's the blog of TheLactivist.com - http://thelactivist.blogspot.com. Her most recent post found here was really something I needed to read after the emotions of the last week (as blogged below and other things not mentioned, at least as of yet - don't worry, Piglet and the rest of the in-house family is fine, as are all of our good friends to the best of my knowledge, and I'm still pregnant tho SO ready not to be anymore at this point, I'm ready to be able to hand the baby to someone else for 5 minutes or so now!).

Weird little coincidences have been cropping up in my life lately and Jen the Lactivist's post is just the latest (well, I've only been awake for about an hour so far today anyway - yes, I'm having trouble sleeping, no I do NOT enjoy being conscious at 6:30am for no necessary reason when my hubby is home and can be delegated care of the toddler so I could sleep more but my body isn't giving me a choice in the matter... please don't let this mean I'm about to bear a morning person! AAAAAAACK! Is that horror music I hear?!?).

Liam's awake (sort of) and spread himself across my lap (using the loveseat's armrest to hold the keyboard)... trying to convince him to go wake up daddy but it's not working. Must go fidget.

I said it in my comment on Jen's blog but I'll say it again here (for myself and for you guys to repeat as needed): You don't need to be Wonder Woman to be a Wonderful Woman.

Live your day in wonder, at least for a few minutes, for me, OK?

2 comments:

boo said...

Ahmie - Love that tagline. You don't have to be wonder woman to be a wonderful woman. You are a breath of fresh air! Now, if only I could find the time to keep up on my blog. I have two whole entries on mine. WHOO HOO! I'm so special. Love your style, love your passion, love your humor and practicality. You Rar woman.

Amanda said...

Congrats to you. Can't wait to hear your birth story! Water baby.... hope htat means waterbirth! I loved mine, but I digress...

I read your comment at the Lactivist. CHABAM is a drop in child care center. http://www.chabam.com They are in the Cleveland area, not sure how close to you, but it might be worth checking out.

-Amanda