Sunday, June 10, 2007

Yup, still pregnant

Just had a bit of a busy week "organizing" (what a misnomer when it comes to something I do, eh?) a Potter-Fest at church yesterday, so I've been non-responsive to unrelated emails and haven't posted in the flurry of last-minute preparations (such as making Questionable Quality Quidditch Supplies and a few dozen chocolate frogs and such).

Just realized that some folks don't know about (and a couple other reader/lurkers need to update their email addresses with) the yahoo group I set up when I was expecting Liam. If you'd like an email notification when the baby is born, you can subscribe to the email list right here:












Subscribe to yeungbaby





Powered by groups.yahoo.com

The group is set to only allow moderators to post and any replies go to the list owner (me) so you won't get spam through it. I'm planning to make folks who are/plan to be present for the birth into moderators so any of them can send off an email to the group when they've got a free hand to do so (assuming that Garvin and my hands will be rather busy with the then-two extrauterine kiddos). I'll post the full birth story here so that folks who DON'T want the gorey details on that email list just get the basic stats (tho I'm considering making the folks with blogger accounts that are likely to be here for the birth temporary editors or whatever it is on this blog so they can post the gorey details here from their perspective if they'd like ;) ). If only Blogger had the feature like LJ does that you can hide part of the post so people have to click on it to get the "spoiler" information or whatever... I think there's a way to do it but I haven't figured it out yet. Whatever.

Feet are very swollen, pelvis is unthrilled with the abuse I've been putting it through and I keep getting charlie horses at night (3x last night, not fun, poor Garvin got screamed at for not using the right technique to help because it wound up further pissing off my psoas muscle in the process - I yelled at him more last night than I did during the entire 5 days of labor with Liam I think). Other than that the baby and I are fine. Baby's been getting hiccups at least once a day noticably lately and is wiggling it's knees and feet in my ribs as I type this.

Any day now, little one, any day now.

3 comments:

Serena Castells said...

For spoilers, the only thing I can think of to do is that thing where you say GORY DETAILS AHEAD! and then hit enter many times like this:

















so that they have to scroll down to see it.

This is the second time in a row that I've had a full day and been really tired out, then got into doing stuff after getting home and finding myself not really feeling like going to bed.

Anonymous said...

Some of the sites that I used to read used to handle spoilers by putting them in the same color as the background of the site, so that you have to "highlight" them with your mouse to read them.

Also, I'm still set up as a moderater from when you were pregnant with Liam, but its under the work email address that I had at that time. If you want to set me up as a moderator again, we'll need to use a different email address. Currently all my yahoo groups go to my hotmail adress, but I need to get them changed over to my gmail...

Allison said...

I think for spoilers you can just do the text in same color as background, like sabrina said. My chat board does spoilers though for the show LOST so I can see where they get the HTML...maybe it will work?