Thursday, March 19, 2009

To Fly or Stand (another original poem)

I need a wing to be taken under
I desperately want to learn to fly
It's not fear I feel of distant thunder
But a longing to undestand why

I need a source to draw upon
That will flow unerringly
When my strength is nearly gone
Something, somehow - carry me

I need to stand firm on my own
As the ground shifts below my feet
I need to know that I have flown
Whatever future I may greet.

(my brain seems to be trying to work things out in rhyming couplets lately, not exactly sure why buy that is how things are coming out. I *have* written plenty of non-rhyming poems in the past. Maybe it's the Migun bed - you guessed it, i've written this one on it too!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Seems you may be feeling a drive to create and to take positive action lately; perhaps you'll end up doing some great work in the near future (whatever it turns out to become).

Ahmie said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Serena. Apt interpretation of what I'm at least trying to get myself to do.