Sunday, March 22, 2009

URG! Misplaced digital things

Well, since I've actually been working on my novel again recently, I went looking to find the files of stuff I'd already written on it a while ago (possibly two years ago now, can't remember if I've written any text of it since D was born... primarily just doing plot planning and research since it takes place in Cleveland). Thank goodness I set up a blog under my pen name and posted the stuff I wasn't horrified by the quality of there, so I can retrieve it. I've been working on a scene with two strong secondary characters (next door neighbors of the principle character with frequent interactions with her) and I can't remember what I had decided to name them, and it's bugging the heck out of me. Getting really tired of calling them "woman/mother" and "girl" and I'm getting to the point in the text when they should really introduce themselves by name to my principle character. Urg. Off to my tumbleblog to see if I can dredge anything up there, and my two favorite name meaning websites (behindthename.com and thinkbabynames.com). If you're curious about what I'm writing, I'm really only willing to share details with people I know in real life. Contact me via my primary email address and I'll give you access to where I'm keeping an online repository of it. If you don't know my primary email address, you don't know me well enough to read it anyway, sorry.

I have a feeling I'm going to be writing on my bberry instead of paying attention to the sermon at church today. Sorry Rev. Kathleen, I'm sure it'll be a lovely service! But since I woke up and wrote a poem as soon as my eyes were able to focus, seems like it's a writing day today not a sit-and-listen day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Um, apparently since you hadn't updated your writing blog in a million years I deleted the bookmark? Or at the very least I don't have it anymore... So (provided that's where you're still posting things) I need you to send it to me again...

Sorry!

Ahmie said...

Actually, since I hadn't updated it so long, I can't figure out how to log into it now (it's not linked to the email address I thought it was and I can't seem to find which email address it IS linked to). I'm moving everything to a WordPress install on the relevant domain name anyway. Still trying to get one thing set up (trying to get it to let me keep the entries private/authorized access only AND let me post via email/mms - looks like the two add-ons might not like each other so I might end up scrapping what I've done thus far and switching to Drupal instead, since I *think* I know how to configure that to do what needs to be done pretty quickly - never tried posting via email to Drupal so that's the only hangup. I like WP's admin features better than Drupal's tho - at least the most recent versions I've played with). Hoping to have that done in the next 24-48 hours (if kids stay quiet, I'll make the decision whether to scrap the WP install in the next few hours, the rest of the time is config/setup). Drupal may be a better option anyway since it's kinda meant for book navigation and WP is much more blog/linear-time-geared (which is always a challenge for me!)